How To Make Roasted Veggies – Super Easy
A great and tasty way to get veggies throughout the week is by roasting them on your prep day. For me, a good day to do this is Sunday afternoon, after I finish with my grocery shopping. You can rewarm these easily throughout the week and I love to snack on them or serve them with a meal.
It is super easy and a versatile way of adding some variety since I this method with broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, carrots and whatever else is a sturdier veggie that you like.
The basis “recipe” involves olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Each veggie does best with a different amount of time in the oven. The trick is to wash and DRY the veggies, so that they don’t get soggy while roasting – especially important for broccoli which can hold in a lot of water between the florets.
Here are what I have found to be best cooking times/temps for these veggies.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle/toss the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large flat roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. The cauliflower will be somewhat carmelized.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped chives if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss Brussels with all ingredients in a mixing bowl and then place on a flat rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring at least once during cooking time. (about 30 – 35 minutes)
- I love it when several of the leaves begin to crisp up on the outside, & the
- inside is tender.
BEST Roasted Broccoli EVER
- Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (two large bunches), cut into florets, dry them THOROUGHLY.
- Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Next add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until “crisp-tender” and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- When it’s done, take it out of the oven–zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli.