Asian Salad Dressing
Sometimes you just crave the taste of an Asian salad. I love the ginger-soy-sesame flavor combination and serve it over many different types of salads.
Serve this Asian Salad Dressing over a salad of field greens, chicken tenderloins, avocado, and mandarin oranges. Or try this with avocado, hearts of palm, artichoke, and tuna. Or even on a kale salad with carrots and toasted almond slivers! The possibilities are left to your creative imagination!
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, or tamari to be gluten free
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil (or light olive oil )
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon scallion chopped (green onions)
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- If using a bowl: SLOWLY drizzle in the sesame and peanut oil, whisking constantly so that the dressing will emulsify.
- If using a food processor, leave it running while you drizzle in the oil.
- When dressing is well combined, add sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within a week.
Recipe based on Food.com